- A week of showing Jesus to children
- God’s guidance and comfort
- Remembering my Mom
- Matthew going from a crawl to a seated position
- Matthew trying to pull himself to standing
- Samuel learning Geography from his cousin (he can pick out several African Countries and most continents)
- Samuel telling me about Jesus
- Being asked to teach a homeschool co-op class
- Lunch with my family and my sister’s family
- Snuggly kitty cats
- Watching Shawn Johnson at the Olympics, there is just something about her that makes me feel proud!
- Making a new friend
Friday Felicities 8/15/08 August 15, 2008
Purging and Mourning August 12, 2008
I am working on getting our house purged of things we don’t need or use. There are many. Kevin and I both tend to be hoarders. While it’s not so bad now, I don’t want to live like that. SO I am cleaning out now.
Right now I am working on my scrapbook materials. You know, the ones I rarely use since I went digital. I am trying to part with the majority of them and only keep the essential stuff. Problem is, I have this addiction to background papers. Which means I have LOTS of them. Not too sure I can part with them. Not sure why. Silly, huh? I have many many things that I have decided to EBAY. Most of them still in the package never used. Yeah, I went through a period of time after my mom died that I thought the key to feeling better was going to be found in accumulating stuff.
Speaking of my mom dying, on Friday it will be 2 years since her death. Some days it seems like yesterday. Not a single day has gone by in those 2 years when I haven’t thought about her. When I haven’t vividly recalled finding her lying there, her heart having given up and her life cut short at only 53. I am not depressed, I am sad and I am mourning…still. I miss her. Terribly. Some days I want to pick up the phone and call her and I can’t. She never met Matthew. Sammy knew her until he was 10 months old. Now he knows her as a photograph and as a name on a grave at the cemetery, where he likes to run in the open field. She would like that. Seeing him run and dance and be happy. I find comfort in the fact that she is with Jesus in Heaven, no more pain or sorrow for her. Jesus has carried me through the tough times and I cannot imagine losing someone without Him to carry me.
I miss you Mom and I love you…
Friday Felicities 8/1/08 August 1, 2008
- Spending the day with my silly 14 year old nephew yesterday
- Spending the day with his crazy 10 year old sister today
- Sammy getting his hair cut – He looks sooo cute (will post pics later)
- Homemade Lasagna with Homemade sauce – Mmmmmm
- Making soft pretzels with R
- I get to meet Dana tomorrow!
- Reading and sipping Iced Coffee
- We got a new cat – he claimed us – abandoned and clawless (yes I tried to find his owner)
- Trying to decide what car to buy – I enjoy the research part, Kevin handles the negotiating
- I’m getting the car for my birthday! How cool is that? My hubby is buying me a car for my birthday!
- My birthday is 8-31